4 Reasons to Franchise in the Frozen Dessert Industry
After 20+ years of success at home in Florida, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice is taking our Culture of Cool nationwide! And we’ve added 147 units within 18 months, landing us on QSR’s 40/40 list of America’s Hottest Startup Fast Casuals for 2021. Why? For starters, Jeremiah’s Signature Gelati is the ultimate in frozen dessert decadence, combining any of our 40+ flavors of smooth, refreshing Italian Ice with our uber-rich Soft Ice Cream to create our industry’s most disruptive new delicacy.
Here’s why we think frozen dessert is worth a shot for you:
1. This Ice-Cold Industry is Almost Too Hot
Why Our Founder Chose Frozen Desserts
- The U.S. frozen desserts market size was valued at $52.82 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% from 2021 to 2028.1
- The ice cream and gelato segment held the largest share of more than 40.0% in 2020. 1
- The water and fruit puree-based frozen desserts segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 13.0% from 2021 to 2028. 1
- The vegan segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 11.3% from 2021 to 2028.1
2. Compared to QSRs, Frozen Desserts Come Cheap!
At Jeremiah’s, our average unit volume is among the highest in the category. $598,960 AUV2 is a testament to our proven model and the role each Jeremiah’s plays in their community. Our ice cream franchise also runs at a high sales-to-investment ratio—with operators seeing a 1.17 to 2.44 average return on investment2. It shows not only the power of the Jeremiah’s brand, but also the work our franchisees are willing to put in to succeed. Finally, a 50.2% gross profit after cost of goods & labor, excluding occupancy2 demonstrates the sustainability of our economic model.
“This concept, in a business sense, is a lot easier to run than our other restaurants (70+ staff, all the proteins on the menu). It’s a business model that is very profitable.”
David Hung, Jeremiah’s Franchisee
With a franchise, you don’t have to worry about having the market’s next big idea and creating a business plan to capitalize on it. That work has already been done for you. You have the help of other people with experience operating the business and who know what works and what doesn’t. In some cases, like here at Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, even the franchisor has the backup of even more experienced businesspeople. Our partner company, Pivotal Growth Partners, has proven again and again that their methods for business operations, marketing and growth lead to successful ventures in the franchise industry.
3. Operational Simplicity Means Potential for Passive Income
You’ve probably seen or heard of absentee or semi-absentee franchise models, or even part-time franchise ownership but we’ve got something all-new. We’ve worked with franchise development experts Pivotal Growth Partners (PGP) to develop an impressive semi-passive franchise ownership opportunity. The program allows for an ownership team to continue to work at their current primary job while owning and operating a Jeremiah’s Italian Ice Franchise.
Think of it as similar to a semi-absentee or part-time ownership model. In its essence, the semi-passive ownership program is designed to help Jeremiah’s franchisees improve their individual potential for:
- Increased Household Income
- Quality of Life and Lifestyle
- Generational Wealth
“The semi passive ownership model has allowed us to build a portfolio of more than 14 stores across multiple brands, with the returns from each store reinvested into additional locations. Today, we have both retired from our former careers and work full time on our growing business enterprise.
This method of growth has created generational wealth for us and our families that we never could have imagined when we first got started in the franchising business.”
Ice ‘Em, LLC (Jeremiah’s Area Representative and Franchisees)
4. Frozen Dessert is FUN!
Our passion for quality, service and having a blast shines in everything we do and every member of the squad from the top down. That’s why we call our core values our Frogma. It’s a way of life. Ask any franchisee, employee or customer: there’s just nothing like the Jeremiah’s Italian Ice Culture of Cool.
“Because I like to think at the very micro level, what I truly love about owning a Jeremiah’s is seeing every kid with a happy smile, parents a little less stressed, sitting back and enjoying a nice gelati. Also, being able to be an example for other businesses around and communities to just Live Life to the Coolest.”
Hayden Boyd, Jeremiah’s Franchisee
What Makes Jeremiah’s Such a Great Frozen Dessert Franchise Opportunity?
Not only one of the flyest opportunities in frozen desserts—straight-up one of the most exciting opportunities in the franchise industry. Join our Frog Squad and get:
- Low-Cost Buildout – Flexible Footprints
- Low Operating Costs – No Cooking
- Low Start-Up Cost, High Performance Potential
- Simple, Airtight Operations
- Completely Irresistible Product
- Experienced, Passionate Team
- Owner/Operator or Semi-Passive Ownership models available
Meet the Parents
Pivotal Growth Partners (PGP) is a full-service Growth & Development Firm with an unparalleled track record of success in growing franchise brands. The experienced team at PGP has awarded & developed more than 5000 franchised businesses across the US and internationally, working with startups and some of the world’s largest companies. With a combined 50+ years of experience and a network of growth and development partners, Pivotal Growth Partners creates value, growing small, regional companies into nationally acclaimed brands. PGP deploys proven processes and systems to effectively grow a business, by creating a “Results Focused” Franchise Growth & Support Culture within its brands. For more information, visit www.pivotalgrowthpartners.com.
Do You Have the Ingredients of a Perfect Franchisee?
What does it take to hang with frozen dessert’s Top Frog? You’ve gotta be Cool, Bold, Genuine, Vibrant, Generous, and Strategic. Everyone in our organization lives these traits from top to bottom. What about you?
1. U.S. Frozen Desserts Market Analysis Report, Grand View Research https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-frozen-desserts-market
2. The 2019 results for 22 company-owned shops open all year. AUV means 2019 avg “Gross Sales” for our 22 company-owned shops open for all of 2019. 10 of those shops (45%) had gross sales ≥ that avg (median = $589,397). Avg gross profit in 2019 shown above is for 22 company-owned shops open for all of 2019, excl. occupancy. 10 of those shops (45%) had gross profits ≥ that avg (median = $291,715). Franchisees will incur extra costs (royalties & mktg fees). Including those costs, avg gross profit would be 43.2%. A new franchisee’s results may differ; there’s no assurance you’ll do as well. Please see Item 19 of our 5.11.2020 FDD for details.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Franchise offerings are only made through our Franchise Disclosure Document and compliance with applicable federal and state disclosure laws.